CIC News > Most stylish News > Canada > How Canada uses personal recordsdata serene at the border on immigration applications The Entry/Exit program permits Canadian border services to focus on traveller recordsdata with Immigration Canada. IRCC expects overstay indicators for fast-term residents will initiate showing in Entry/Exit search ends in November 2022, as soon as sufficient air carriers are on-boarded.
Published on February fifth, 2022 at 08: 00am EST
IRCC uses the guidelines to confirm residency requirements for applications for permanent arena, work permits, look permits, and Canadian citizenship applications. Some applications require candidates to be in Canada for a particular quantity of days. For instance, in portray to be conscious for citizenship, permanent residents deserve to hold been bodily recent in Canada for 1,095 days out of the five years prior to the date of their application.
With the Entry/Exit Program, IRCC can inquire about traveller recordsdata from the Canadian Border Products and services Agency (CBSA) by the International Case Administration Intention (GCMS), which is the arrangement IRCC uses to process immigration applications.
What recordsdata is on hand
For now, the Entry/Exit program is easiest birth to travellers to come to Canada by land and air. It is rarely any longer but on hand for marine and rail shuttle to Canada. The facts that IRCC can salvage admission to by the Entry/Exit program contains:
- given and family names
- date of initiating
- country of initiating
- country of citizenship
- passport significant aspects
- date of entry/exit
How IRCC uses Entry/Exit recordsdata
In accordance with the government web arena, IRCC can employ Entry/Exit recordsdata to:
- verify residency requirements in enhance of applications for grants of citizenship (CIT) or permanent resident cards;
- verify if a fast-term arena applicant could perhaps presumably also hold previously overstayed their allowable duration of admission in Canada;
- support in an investigation of an particular individual’s entitlement to a Canadian shuttle doc;
- verify that sponsors are residing in Canada;
- verify the residency of spouses and companions beneath the higher half or standard-regulation partner in Canada class;
- verify whether or no longer or no longer a refugee claimant entered Canada the usage of their shuttle paperwork; and
- enhance investigations of seemingly fraud with regards to immigration, citizenship, and passport/shuttle doc applications.
IRCC does no longer need client consent in portray to search recordsdata from traveller entry and exit recordsdata. They’re allowed to salvage admission to the guidelines if it is related to an IRCC officer’s decision with regards to a particular program. Handiest IRCC roles that make decisions on applications can salvage admission to Entry/Exit recordsdata within the GCMA.
IRCC officers are no longer allowed to grunt entry and exit recordsdata except it is a ways important to organize the IRPA and is roofed beneath an recordsdata-sharing agreement. Any disclosure no longer lined beneath a memorandum of figuring out or various recordsdata-sharing agreement ought to be governed by CBSA.
As CBSA is the owner of the guidelines, all authorized CBSA workers hold salvage admission to to it.
Travellers can inquire of a duplicate of their personal shuttle ancient past by an salvage admission to to recordsdata inquire of beneath the Privateness Act. To inquire of a correction, travellers can contact the CBSA.
Non permanent arena applications
IRCC can inquire of Entry/Exit recordsdata for the next application kinds:
- fast-term resident visas
- fast-term resident permits
- customer recordsdata
- work permits and work enable extensions
- look permits and look enable extensions
- electronic shuttle authorizations (eTAs)
The Entry/Exit recordsdata could perhaps presumably also also be passe to examine whether or no longer a international national has previously exceeded their authorized duration of cease in Canada. The government calls this “overstay monitoring.” It begins when a traveller enters Canada and ends upon their exit. If the applicant has overstayed their refer to, an “overstay indicator” will seem as a checked field within the GCMS as soon as queried.
IRCC expects overstay indicators for fast-term residents will initiate showing in Entry/Exit search ends in November 2022, as soon as a sufficient quantity of air carriers are on-boarded.
Eternal arena applications
Entry/Exit recordsdata is on hand to IRCC for the next permanent arena application kinds:
- permanent resident cards
- permanent resident shuttle paperwork
- in a international country refugees
- family class sponsorships
The facts could perhaps presumably also also be passe to stipulate the intervals of time spent in and begin air Canada, and can enable IRCC to search for if arena has been maintained. As successfully as to residency requirements, IRCC could perhaps presumably also make an Entry/Exit search recordsdata from to compare misrepresentation, or revocation of Canadian paperwork.
For family sponsorship applications, Entry/Exit recordsdata could perhaps presumably also also be passe to catch out if a sponsor is residing in Canada.
Exit/Exit recordsdata could perhaps presumably also also be passe in citizenship applications to:
- verify compliance with physical presence requirements for grants of citizenship;
- support within the verification of various requirements, equivalent to, flagging of seemingly loss of permanent resident build, the need for candidates to post international police certificates, or misrepresentation;
- verify compliance with physical presence requirements for resumption of citizenship; and
- support in cases of revocation of Canadian citizenship.
© CIC News All Rights Reserved. Take a look at with CanadaVisa.com to perceive your Canadian immigration alternatives.