- READ: Rams WR Cooper Kupp wins Vast Bowl LVI MVP
- READ: Social media reacts to Rams’ pick over Bengals in Vast Bowl LVI
- READ: L.A. loses Odell Beckham to first-half knee shatter in Vast Bowl LVI
- READ: Weddle re-retires after Vast Bowl: Comeback ‘turned into once price it’
- READ: Burrow says knee ‘feels correct,’ will fetch it checked but again in Cincy
- Aaron Donald is inevitable. Essentially the most dominant defensive soccer participant of his generation stood gigantic on the largest stage. Donald and his defensive-line mates became the tide of the game because the offense flagged, no longer allowing Joe Burrow to fetch away the pocket, step up or develop plays for prolonged stretches of the 2d half. The Rams sacked Burrow a Vast Bowl file-tying seven cases, with Donald and Von Miller every netting two QB takedowns. Trailing within the 2d half, the L.A. offense might perchance no longer make traction, with three three-and-outs over the third and fourth quarters. But Donald and the D put a stranglehold on the Bengals’ offense, allowing appropriate 11 rep yards on four Cincy drives. Donald would no longer be denied, producing seven QB pressures, including 5 within the crucible of the 2d half. Donald acknowledged for weeks all he’s been missing in his award-a hit profession is a Vast Bowl title. It turned into once fitting that the remaining Bengals snap came with Donald tossing Burrow like a rag doll because the QB desperately tried to develop a play. With his MVP-great efficiency, the dominating defender got to eventually hoist that Lombardi Trophy.
- Matthew Stafford: Vast Bowl-a hit quarterback. In a profession highlighted by sport-a hit drives, Stafford added every other to his ledger. After a true originate, the offense screeched to a stop within the 2d half following Odell Beckham‘s knee shatter. In a hella rut, going three-and-out continuously, the Rams desperately wished Stafford to develop a play down four with the clock draining. The extensive-armed QB threaded a flow to Cooper Kupp over the middle between defenders to fetch into scoring fluctuate. After multiple flags on Cincy within the crimson zone, Stafford hit Kupp on the aid shoulder to connect L.A. up for correct, culminating a 15-play, 79-yard TD power. It marked Stafford’s 36th fourth-quarter comeback pick (smartly-liked season and playoffs), the most by any QB since he turned into once drafted first general in 2009. The game epitomized Stafford’s legacy. He made some shapely, jaw-losing throws, namely to OBJ early. He also skipped over several throws because the Rams’ offense struggled and not using a bevy of weapons. But, as he has for some distance of his profession, on the game’s pivotal power, Stafford excelled. After years of his abilities being overshadowed in a cloudy Detroit franchise, Stafford realized the sun in L.A. and shined on the largest stage.
- Joe Burrow, Bengals offense come up afraid. The Bengals entered the season with questions along the offensive line. They dwell the equal means. All season — and namely within the playoffs — Burrow overcame the consistent strain. No longer so on Vast Bowl Sunday. Burrow turned into once pressured on 42.5% of his dropbacks against the Rams, the 2d-perfect in his profession. The QB’s average time to throw of 2.41 seconds turned into once the fourth-lowest for Burrow in his profession. If Burrow wasn’t eradicating the ball instant, he turned into once getting hammered. When Joey B did non-public time to throw, he dropped some deep dimes to Ja’Marr Run and Tee Higgins. But the strain saved the Bengals’ offense from hanging the Rams away after they’d the chance within the fourth quarter. The Cincy O-line allowed a sack on 17.1% of dropbacks Sunday after coming into the game with the 2d-perfect sack charge allowed within the NFL this season. The weapons on the skin got the Bengals to the Vast Bowl. But taking the subsequent step should always comprise better security for the famous person QB.
- Bengals escape D smothers Sean McVay’s plot. The Rams saved banging their head against the wall, insisting on running the ball to no avail. And Cincy’s D welcomed every escape. L.A. rushed the ball 23 cases for 43 yards, a median of 1.9 yards per raise. Seize out a Stafford jog and a Kupp handoff, and that drops to 19 carries for 30 yards, 1.5 yards per raise, from the three running backs. Whatever the shortcoming of ground success, McVay persevered to return to the smartly time and time but again, namely on first downs. It almost charge his membership. Credit goes to the Bengals defenders who collapsed the middle and did no longer let the Rams stretch runs outside. Even when it gave the impact of a rusher might perchance need some sunlight hours, the Bengals would defend it for simplest about a yards. The longest L.A. escape of the game turned into once for eight yards. Cincy held Rams RBs to 25 yards on 12 rushes (2.1 average) versus light containers and -39 escape yards over expected. It turned into once a masterful effort to stymie what McVay wished to connect. But within the dwell, it turned into once Cincy’s lag D that might perchance no longer stop Stafford on the remaining power.
- One Kupp is adequate for Rams offense. Beckham’s knee shatter threatened to derail the L.A. offense. With out having to disaster about the famous person WR, the Bengals might perchance double Kupp and power Stafford to throw in assorted locations. It ended in a stagnant offense for some distance of the 2d half. With the Rams missing Robert Woods, Tyler Higbee, and then OBJ, Kupp turned into once on his bear. The triple crown winner proved every bit great of his Vast Bowl MVP trophy. Kupp transformed a key fourth-and-1 escape on the game’s pivotal power. He then caught a flow from Stafford over the middle for a 22-yard make and every other for eight to fetch for the length of the 20-yard-line. After getting blasted within the dwell zone on a play offset by penalties, Kupp drew an interference name. Two plays later, he turned into once catching the aid-shoulder lag from Stafford for the game’s a hit rating. Even with the Bengals ready to roll protection his means, Kupp composed realized methods to fetch commence. It in actuality turned into once a marvel to peep.
- Tee Higgins, Ja’Marr Run shine vs. Ramsey in loss. All week the query turned into once who would Ramsey conceal? The reply essentially turned into once Run (58.5% of routes escape), but the famous person nook took his turn all spherical. The Bengals’ prime two wideouts every made plays. Higgins went for 100 yards on four catches with two touchdowns. Run added 89 yards on 5 receptions. Run burned Ramsey deep early to position up a field aim. The rookie confirmed impossible monitoring abilities and ball-handling to beat Ramsey. Later, to commence the 2d half, Higgins got away with an obvious OPI to cook Ramsey for a 75-yard TD. For the game, Ramsey turned into once charged with 5 catches and a TD. His 160 yards allowed in predominant protection turned into once the most in a sport in his total profession. Ramsey made some aggressive plays early as refs let them play for the major three quarters, and generated a enormous PBU within the dwell zone. The Bengals’ younger wideouts non-public tortured defenses all season and did so but again within the Vast Bowl. But Ramsey and his teammates got the ring.
NFL Learn: Sean McVay is the youngest head coach to pick the Vast Bowl (36 years, 20 days). Mike Tomlin beforehand held the title after a hit SB XLIII at 36 years, 323 days.
Next Gen stat of the Vast Bowl: Matthew Stafford went 10 of 12 passing for 140 yards and two TDs with Odell Beckham Jr. on the sphere (16 of 28, 143 yards, TD, two INTs without him).